Aims and Objectives
- To promote the importance of maintaining and improving the standards of pipeline engineering for all types of pipeline for transportation of hydrocarbons and associated materials, both on- and offshore, and to acknowledge and promote the status of those involved with their design, construction, operation, and maintenance.
- To promote the importance of operating these pipelines with the highest possible standards of integrity and safety.
- To be proactive in the promotion and establishment of best practice in the minimization of environmental impact from pipelines of all types.
- To provide an opportunity for identifying research opportunities in this field, and eventually to be a source of funding for collaborative R&D projects.
- To provide a forum for discussion of all the issues concerned with pipeline engineering and integrity.
- To provide a network so that those involved in maintaining pipeline integrity and safety are able to exchange ideas and experiences among their peer group.
- To create, and maintain the standard of, a professional qualification for those involved in this industry which reflects their personal experience and status.